Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Patio Fiasco - Part 3

Just… wow! Why am I having such a hard time with this?! Our landscapers were supposed to come on Friday to give us a quote to dig up the sod and dig down 6 inches and then remove the existing pavers. Well we weren’t home Friday night, so I come home Saturday morning and no quote from the landscaper. I call him up and he says, “Oh, I have you down for today.” Me: “Ok great, I will be home, just ring my doorbell.” No call, no show.

We got up early on Sunday and decided to go to breakfast before we hit Menard’s to go try and buy our materials for the second time. At Menard’s, there was no one out in the garden area to help us! So I stormed up to the manager’s desk and told them how we were there on Thursday and had terrible customer service. I told her that we were given all the wrong information, so they almost lost out on our sale because I could easily go to Home Depot or Lowe’s. I said, can you please have someone help us. She said I’ll help you and she did, she took us over to the assistant manager in building and he helped us order everything we needed. We even got free delivery for the bad experience we had earlier in the week. I was telling this guy how we’ve had so much trouble getting people to call me back, he was surprised and gave us the numbers to 3 other landscapers. So we came home and call our landscaper and these other three. No answer. No call back.

Yesterday (Monday) my landscaper called me around 8 a.m. he said he had been over on Sunday and rang the doorbell. Well, we had been at breakfast at that time. He didn’t see the marking we left on the sod, but he was going to stop by again and leave a quote in our mailbox.

I was very excited to get home to see this quote. When I opened the envelope all I could do was laugh. $920! He’s out of his effing mind!

So I spent almost all last night on the phone. I have a friend of friend coming out today to give us a quote and I’m hoping it’s good! We also had to reschedule the delivery of our material for next Wednesday.

All in all, we’re losing another week but I feel better about putting it off another week. I don’t feel so nervous because we aren’t rushed to try and find someone to do this.

1 comment:

  1. Awww, Im sorry JQH!! It will work out! I saw a guy in this huge Hummer with a decal ad on the back for pavers and stamped concrete. Too bad he's in Florida!! ;)

    ReplyDelete