Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Burgers

In preparation for our weekend getaway for our anniversary, I started recipe hunting for some romantic and fun meals I can make during our long weekend. I came across a recipe for stuffed burgers and thought what else can I stuff them with? After getting some inspiration from some cooking forums, I wanted to try spinach artichoke dip stuffed burgers. Here is the recipe I created for them:

Filling:
• 2 cups washed spinach
• 1 can of drained artichoke hearts
• 6 ounces cream cheese (softened)
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1/4 cup mayonnaise
• 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
• 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Burger:
• 2lb ground beef
• 1/2 onion grated or finely chopped
• ½ tsp pinches cumin
• ½ tsp pinches chili powder
• A dash of fresh ground black pepper
• A pinch of sea salt
• A tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
• 1 egg lightly beaten

Mix all stuffing ingredients together with a hand mixer. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour.

Mix all hamburger ingredients together and make into 8 small, flat patties. Chill in refrigerator for 1 hour

Scoop stuffing into center of 4 patties. Cover with remaining 4 patties and pinch edges to close.

Bake, grill or pan-sear burgers until brown and cooked to your liking.

I pan seared (it was too cold and threatened of rain to grill) them and was on a time crunch, so I didn't get a chance to refrigerate anything. I feel like adding this step will allow you to handle everything better, close up the burgers properly and avoid them falling apart in the pan like mine did.

I served Frank's on an onion bun and mine on half of a whole wheat bun. I think they would be great on pretzel buns though!

They were still delicious! Had enough left to have it for leftovers a couple days later. I made this with corn pudding.

As for the dip, I probably could have cut everything in half. I had quite a bit leftover so I brought it over to my parent's house thinking we'd munch on it before dinner on Mother's Day. Didn't happen but I left it there for them anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment