Monday, August 16, 2010

Strawberry Shortcake... on a stick!


I find that foods on sticks always go over well with our group of friends.  We're all trying to eating healthier though so I knew I had to go healthy with my dessert choice.  I found this Weight Watchers recipe and gave it a try!

Strawberry Shortcake on a stick!
Adapted from Weight Watchers Cookbook
  • 1 pound of fresh strawberries, halved
  • 12 shortcakes, quarted
  • 1/4 cup of chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp butter 

Directions:
  1. Alternate shortcake and strawberries on a skewer
  2. Place on a wax paper lined baking sheet
  3. Melt chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler or in the midcrowave
  4. Drizzle chocolate over kabobs
  5. Chill for 10 minutes or until ready to serve

1 Serving = 1 Kabob
1 serving = 2 points

No comments:

Post a Comment