Monday, August 2, 2010

Carrot Cake with Vanilla Frosting

Sometimes I get the spur of the moment urge to bake.  All I had in the house yesterday was some cake mixes, so I decided to make a carrot cake.  What a great Sunday night treat to enjoy while watching True Blood!

Carrot Cake
  • 1 carrot cake mix ( I use Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Decadent Carrot Cake Mix)
  • 1 cup of water
  • 1/2 cup of oil 
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 small bag of chopped walnuts
  1. Pour ingredients in a medium bowl.  (I whisk the eggs together in a small cup or bowl before adding in) 
  2. Beat ingredients together with a hand mixer for  2 minutes
  3. Add in chopped walnuts
  4. Pour into 13x9 greased bottom baking pan
  5. Bake at 350 for 28 minutes
Allow cake to cool  before frosting

Vanilla Frosting
  • 3 oz cream cheese (softened)
  • a little more than a half stick of butter (softened)
  • 1/2 bag of powdered sugar (I don't measure, I just slowly add in until the consistency and quantity is just right)
  • 1-4 tbsp cream or 2% milk
  1. Beat together cream cheese & butter
  2. Slowly add (or sift in) sifted powdered sugar
  3. While you are slowly adding in your powdered sugar, add your cream/milk as needed.
  4. Ice cake & enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment