Another one from LaaLoosh! It did not look very pretty, so I had to explain to people what it was so they were not scared. It ended up being a huge hit! I served this with a veggie platter, tortilla chips and crackers.
Spinach Feta Dip
Adapted from LaaLoosh
- 4 1/2 cups spinach ( fresh & chopped)
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- ½ cup reduced fat cream cheese
- ½ cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/3 cup crumbled fat free feta cheese ( didn’t really measure, I used about ½ container)
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil. Once hot, add spinach and toss for a few minutes or until the leaves just begin to wilt.
2. Place spinach, green onions, cream cheese, garlic, sour cream, feta cheese, crushed red pepper, chives, lemon juice in a blender; puree. Taste dip and add salt and pepper to taste. Empty dip into a serving bow and dig in!
Entire recipe makes 8 servings
Serving size is 3 tbsp
Each serving = 1 Point Total