I am not a mayo person so foods like pasta salad, chicken salad, potato salad, etc. never enter my mouth. This never stops me from making it for others though. I was recommended this recipe for someone who does not like pasta salad. I tweaked it a bit (cut down on the mayo) so I actually ate it and enjoyed it! I hope you do too.
Adapted from Jamie Cooks
· 1 lb. Elbow Macaroni, or curly pasta
· ¼ large Spanish Onion (minced)
· 1 Celery Stalk (minced)
· ¼ cup chives (minced)
· ¼ cup Fresh Parsley (minced)
· 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
· 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
· ¼ tsp Garlic Salt
· ½ tsp Chili Powder
· 1 cup Mayonnaise
· Black Pepper, freshly ground
· Kosher Salt
- Cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted water, until al dente. Drain & rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, chives, celery, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder & chili powder.
- Add the macaroni & stir to combine. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, for the flavors to meld.
- Add the mayonnaise, stir well and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.