Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Macaroni Salad


I am not a mayo person so foods like pasta salad, chicken salad, potato salad, etc. never enter my mouth.  This never stops me from making it for others though.  I was recommended this recipe for someone who does not like pasta salad.  I tweaked it a bit (cut down on the mayo) so I actually ate it and enjoyed it!  I hope you do too.

Pasta Salad
Adapted from Jamie Cooks

·  1 lb. Elbow Macaroni, or curly pasta
·  ¼ large Spanish Onion (minced)
·  1 Celery Stalk (minced)
·  ¼ cup chives (minced)
·  ¼ cup Fresh Parsley (minced)
·  1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
·  1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
·  ¼ tsp Garlic Salt
·  ½ tsp Chili Powder
·  1 cup Mayonnaise
·  Black Pepper, freshly ground
·  Kosher Salt

Directions:
  1. Cook the macaroni in a large pot of salted water, until al dente. Drain & rinse under cold water. Set aside.
  2. In a mixing bowl, combine the onion, chives, celery, parsley, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder & chili powder.
  3. Add the macaroni & stir to combine. Let the mixture sit for a few minutes, for the flavors to meld.
  4. Add the mayonnaise, stir well and season with salt & pepper to taste.
  5. Serve immediately, or refrigerate for up to 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment