Carnitas in the Slow Cooker
A Hudocks to Haddocks Original Recipe
- 3.5 lb pork shoulder
- 6 oz goya green chilies
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 3/4 cup of chicken broth
- 6 packets of Sazon
- Wash defrosted pork shoulder and place in crockpot
- Cover in green chilies. Add cumin and chicken broth.
- Cook on low for 8 hours, flipping shoulder over halfway through cooking time.
- Remove pork shoulder from crockpot, shred with 2 forks, add sazon and mix well
- Serve on flour or corn tortillas.
- Optional toppings: salsa, cheese, sour cream, lettuce, tomato
- I put this in the crockpot and then was running errands for several hours, so I came home after 6 hours of cooking to look at it and see that it needed to be flipped. I flipped it and put it on high for those last 2 hours, so I figured 8 hours, flipping midway, should do.
- I wish I has more time for this dish, since I would have liked to add the sazon and throw it back in the crockpot for another 30 min - 1 hour for it to cook in the flavoring better.