Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stuffed French Toast

Apparently I just like to stuff things, haha!  I made up this recipe for our weekend getaway and it was pretty good!  I never really make breakfast because the only day we eat it together is on Sundays and we usually go out, but I wanted to try something different for this trip.
  • 2 slices of italian bread (use a bit thicker loaf, not a baguette or anything)
  • 6 tbs cream cheese (I did not measure)
  • 2-4 strawberries, sliced
  • 1 banana, sliced
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tbs vanilla
  • 1 tsp cinnamon (I didn't measure, I just add to flavor)
Mix together eggs, vanilla & cinnamon.

Cut a pouch in the side middle of the Italian bread.  Coat both side with cream cheese and insert fruit.  I did one with strawberries only and the other with bananas only.  Close together as tightly as it will allow.

Dip into egg mixture & fry until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment