Fall means lots of pumpkin treats! I love baking with pumpkin, so I picked up 2 cans during my last grocery trip with plans to do something with them this weekend. I had 3 overly ripe bananas I needed to use up, so I decided to try a twist on regular ole banana bread and make some pumpkin banana bread. This was so delicious!
Pumpkin Banana Bread
A Hudocks to Haddocks Original Recipe
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup of butter, melted
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 8 oz canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 4x8 loaf pan with butter and flour.
- In a large bowl, beat bananas and butter until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Using a spatula or wooden spoon, mix in pumpkin and then sugar.
- In a coffee mug, beat egg with vanilla and cinnamon. Add to mix and beat well, for about one minute.
- Whisk together baking powder and flour, and slowly add into mix, beating with a mixer on medium speed. Beat until all flour is dissolved.
- Hand mix in walnuts.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until tester comes clean.