Peanut Butter Cup Layer Cake
Adapted from My Tiny Little Kitchen Creations
- 1 box triple chocolate fudge Betty Crocker Super Moist Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cup of water
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of 2 8” round pans.
- Mix all ingredients together until smooth and creamy.
- Pour evenly into both pans, bake for 35-37 minutes until tester comes out clear
- Allow to cool before icing
Peanut Butter Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup of peanut butter
- 2-3 cups of powdered sugar, sifted (I didn’t measure)
- 1-2 tsp of vanilla (I didn’t measure)
- 1-2 tsp of almond milk (I didn’t measure)
- Beat cream cheese and peanut butter until creamy.
- Slowly beat in powdered sugar, scraping sides, until well blended
- Add in vanilla, beat well
- Add in almond milk, beat well
Assembling the cake
- ¾ bag of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Miniatures, halved and chopped
- Remove one cake from pan, cut off top to make flat. Flip upside down and put onto cake platter. Frost, leaving ¼ - ½ inch space around the edges.
- Place 2nd cake (right side up) on top. Frost – start by putting large amount of frosting on middle and work your way to get it even across. Frost edges.
- Using around 12-15 halved cups, place around border of cake.
- Chop remaining cups and place on top.