I love fall cooking. Just when the temperature drops enough to enjoy a nice hot bowl of chili. I've completely switched over to ground turkey so this was my first ground turkey batch and it was excellent. I highly recommend adding the WoodChuck Amber Apple Cider, I feel like it brought out a lot of the flavors.
A Hudocks to Haddocks Original Recipe
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 (28 oz) can of Brook's hot chili beans in chili sauce
- 1 packet of hot chili mix
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes with jalapeños
- 1 (14 oz) can of diced tomatoes with Italian seasonings
- 6-10 stalks of celery, diced
- 2-4 large green peppers, chopped
- 1-2 small onion, diced
- 1-3 tsp chili powder
- 2-3 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1-2 tsp cumin
- 2-3 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 bottle of your favorite beer
1. Sauté onions in a hot oiled pan, add in ground turkey and cook until browned.
2. Add all your ingredients to your crock pot and mix well. Cook on high for 4-6 hours, until all vegetables are soft.
- I like to season it slowly. I add in maybe 1 tsp of each seasoning, let it cook for a good 2 hours, taste and then season more to taste.
- I used Woodchuck Apple Cider Amber for my beer and it gave it an amazing flavor
- To make chili mac, add ¼ cup of shells or egg noodles to bottom of bowl before adding chili.
- Makes 8-10 servings
- Optional garnish: shredded cheese, sour cream, chives.