Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fish Tacos


I like fish. A lot.  Though I have never in my life had a fish taco!  I guess I never really knew what they were exactly.  Maybe I thought it was some weird fish I wouldn’t like or… something.  Either way, I’ve never tried them.  So I decided to see what all of these were about and started looking at recipes to make some myself.  Tilapia is our fish of choice so I went from them and just kind of improvised a recipe. They were awesome!  Even the hubster said he was impressed (he’s never had them either.)  I think we have a winner.

Fish Tacos

4 tilapia fish filets
1 whole lemon
1 whole lime
Lemon Pepper Seasoning Salt
½ cup cilantro

Toppings:
Cheese
Sour cream
Salsa

  1. Season fish with lemon pepper seasoning on both sides.  Place fish on a foil lined baking sheets.  Squeeze 1/3 the juice from lemon and ½ the juice from the lime onto filets. Bake thawed at 425 for 15 minutes.  Flip filets midway through baking, squeezing 1/3 of the lemon & lime juices on top of the filets.
  2. In a bowl, tear apart cilantro and squeeze remaining 1/3 of the lime and lemon juices onto cilantro.
  3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet and heat corn and/or flour tortillas.
  4. Remove fish from oven and place in bowl with cilantro mix.  Mix together, breaking apart the fish into pieces (it should pretty much fall apart).
  5. Create tacos topping with cheese, sour cream, salsa and/or anything else your heart desires 

You know I have to assign this Weight Watchers points.  So 3 corn tortillas with 4 oz of fish mix topped with a total of 1/8 cup of Mexican shredded cheese, 1 tbsp of sour cream and 3 tbsp of salsa = 6.5 points

2 comments:

  1. My MIL makes them with mango salsa and avocado ranch topping. Delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am allergic to both mango and avocado (which I love) =(

    That sounds delicious though!

    ReplyDelete